Schools across the county are officially closed, but many are still offering meals to students. For more information, please contact the district / charter school directly.
Please note that this information, including meal locations and times are subject to change.
Alisal Union School District
Families can drive-thru or walk-up and pick up meals for the children in their family, at a number of school sites. The following schools will provide lunch for that day and breakfast for the following day. Meals will be served between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, in the parking lot or bus lane at each participating school. Please stay in your car or walk-up if you have no means of transportation.
- Schools Offering Meals:
- Alisal Community
- Fremont Elementary
- Frank Paul Elementary
- Martin Luther King Jr. Academy
- Dr. Oscar F. Loya Elementary
- Cesar Chavez Elementary
- Creekside Elementary
- Bardin Elementary
The following schools will NOT have meals services at their sites, but students can still pick up food at different locations:
- Virginia Rocca Barton students can pick meals at Frank Paul Elementary
- Jesse G. Sanchez students can pick up meals at Martin Luther king Jr. Academy
- John Steinbeck students can pick up meals at Creekside Elementary
- Monte Bella Students can pick up meals at Bardin Elementary
Big Sur Unified School District
The offer has been extended to families to provide daily lunch and next-day breakfast, Monday - Thursday to be picked up at Pacific Valley School at noon. This “grab-n-go” will commence Wednesday the 18th and will continue as long as the community requests it to continue.
Bradley Union School District
Bradley School does not operate nutrition services. Bradley families can access free breakfast and lunch and the following locations:
- San Antonio School - 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m., any student under 18 who is present, lunch and breakfast will be served.
- Lillian Larsen Elementary - 11 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., any student under 18 who is present, lunch for that day, breakfast for the following day.
Carmel Unified School District
The National School Lunch and Breakfast Program at Carmel Unified School District will continue to serve nutritious take out meals to students during school closure. Meals are free for all children age 18 and under regardless of what school they attend during this emergency crisis. No paperwork is required.
CUSD will provide free breakfast and lunch grab-and-go meals to individuals under the age of 18 twice a week. Meals will be delivered on Mondays, with meals for two days, and again on Wednesday with meals for three days.
This program will solely be for the pick-up of meals. No meals can be consumed on-site. We encourage families to continue to be proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by not congregating at the school site and utilizing social distancing according to the protocol described below.
Meal Distribution Protocol to Maintain 6 Foot Social Distancing:
- Family drives up to the curb and stays behind the cone.
- One car at a time will proceed to the serving area and park in front of the food table.
- Parent or child gets out of the car and picks up meal package, (one meal for each child in the family).
- Parent drives away and the next car can proceed to the serving area.
Meals may be picked up by families at these locations and times:
- Carmel Middle School student pick-up/drop-off curb: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Ventana Red House Parking Lot: 12:20 p.m. - 12:40 p.m.
- Post Ranch Pond (Turn Out on the Left side of Pond): 12:50 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Tularcitos Elementary School Bus loading zone: 11:45 a.m. - 12:05 p.m.
- Cachagua Community Center Parking Lot: 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Chualar Union School District
Chualar Union Elementary School District will be serving breakfast and lunch starting March 17, 2020. The distribution of meals will be a “Grab and Go” method for students to come and pick up their meals for the day. Lunch and breakfast can be picked up Monday through Friday starting at 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Families can drive-thru or walk up to the Multipurpose gym and pick up their meals. For those children living outside the Chualar Community, the “Grab and Go” meals will be delivered daily by the school bus driver to their normal bus stop locations.
Gonzales Unified School District
During school closure, beginning March 16th, walk-thru and pick-up breakfast and lunch will be provided for all children 18 years of age and younger. Meals will be provided Monday - Friday. Breakfast will be served from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. and lunch will be served from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at the following sites:
- La Gloria Elementary: 220 Elko St.
- Fairview Elementary: 401 Fourth St.
- Gonzales High School: 501 Fifth St.
- Chualar students 9th - 12th grades can pick up their Breakfast and Lunch between 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. in front of Amigos Market in Chualar
All students can pick up meals at the school site they currently attend. For non-school aged children and those not enrolled at GUSD, they can pick up their meals at La Gloria Elementary.
Graves School District
Graves School is in collaboration with all local districts to provide meals through their district programs. The food program services provided by these local districts will provide breakfast and lunch for Graves students dependent upon their area of residence. All students under the age of 18 years old can receive meals.
Greenfield Union School District
Grab-and-go meals will be provided to individuals under the age of 18 twice per week (Monday & Wednesday) at each school campus for those who live within City of Greenfield limits. Pick-up time: 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. Meals not picked up will be delivered twice weekly to our most student populated neighborhoods to be disbursed at 10:30 a.m.
For those who live outside of the City of Greenfield limits or in Arroyo Seco, meals will be delivered twice weekly by bus to their normal bus stop locations. Breakfast and lunch will be delivered together at 10:30 a.m.
King City Union School District
King City Union School District will be providing grab-and-go meals serving breakfast and lunch daily (Monday - Friday) from 10 a.m. to noon. starting March 23, 2020 at our Del Rey and King City Arts Magnet Campuses. This will be available for youth ages 1 to 18.
Lagunita School District
Lagunita School is partnering with Santa Rita Union School District to accommodate Lagunita families at their Bolsa Knolls food pick-up location.
Monterey County Office of Education
MCOE Alternative Education and Early Learning Program students will participate in the local school district lunch programs offered by the Alisal Union School District, Salinas City Elementary School District, Santa Rita School District, and North Monterey County Unified School District. The food program services provided by these local districts will provide breakfast and lunch on their particular district and site schedule to any student under the age of 18 years old.
Monterey Peninsula Unified School District
Beginning Monday, March 30, upon return from MPUSD's Spring Break, the district will offer Grab and Go meals at 16 school sites from 10:00 a.m. - 12 noon. Applies to students 18 and younger.
- Each meal will include lunch for the day and breakfast for the next day.
- Families can pick up meals at any location.
- Meals will not be distributed at Central Coast, DLAMP, Foothill, Marina High and Walter Colton, but families can pick up at any of the locations.
- Families will be asked to drive up, roll down their window and grab the meal.
- Families who need to walk up will be asked to observe social distancing protocols and line up at least 6 feet apart from others.
- Staff will hand the bagged meal from the top of the bag and families will be asked to grab the bag from the bottom of the bag to receive the meal.
Meals will be available at the following school sites:
- Crumpton Elementary
- Del Rey Woods Elementary
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr: School of the Arts
- Highland Elementary
- La Mesa Elementary
- Marina Vista Arts Academy
- Marshall Elementary
- Monte Vista Elementary
- Olson Elementary
- Ord Terrace Elementary
- Los Arboles Middle
- Seaside Middle
- Monterey High
- Seaside High
- Marina Child Development Center
- Seaside Child Development Center
North Monterey County Unified School District
NMCUSD has a “once a week meal distribution”. Families will be provided for each child 5 days of meals (5 lunches and 5 breakfasts) to take home for the week with special directions for proper storage and preparation of meals at home. The drive-thru/pick-up will be available between 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. at NMC High School, Prunedale Elementary or Castroville Elementary.
- In addition, there will be extended hours from 5-7 p.m. at NMC High School for the “weekly meal distribution” pick-up on Mondays, beginning April 6 from 5- 7 PM until further notice.
- Due to emergency waiver guidelines, children will no longer be required to be present in order to receive their meals. Please be prepared to provide basic information such the number and ages of children who are 18 and under and their school “lunch” ID number. All families are welcome even if children are not school age or enrolled in our schools.
Pacific Grove Unified School District
Pick-up for the following day will be a mobile “walk-up” and/or “drive-thru” meal service system with children aged 18 and under attending Pacific Grove Unified School District. This will occur Monday through Friday, at two of our school sites from 11:30 a.m - 12:15 p.m.
- Robert Down Elementary, 485 Pine Avenue
- Pacific Grove High School, 615 Sunset Drive
Meals will be available for free for all PGUSD students, aged 18 and under, at either location regardless of what school they attend regularly. No paperwork is required.
Salinas City Elementary School District
SCESD will continue to provide a free bagged lunch and breakfast (for the following day) to any child(ren), ages 1 to 18. This includes any siblings, regardless of which school/district they attend. Meals will be served Monday - Thursday (an additional meal for Fridays will be provided on Thursdays) from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Meals will be served in an easy drive-thru or walk-up system. Meals will be available at:
- Sherwood Elementary, 110 S. Wood St.
- Kammann Elementary, 521 Rochex Ave.
- Mission Park Elementary, 403 W. Acacia St.
- Boronda Meadows Elementary, 915 Larkin Dr.
- Natividad Elementary, 1465 Modoc Ave.
- El Gabilan Elementary, 1256 Linwood St.
- Los Padres Elementary, 1130 John St.
- Roosevelt Elementary, 120 Capitol St.
- Buena Vista Middle School, 18250 Tara Dr.
Salinas Union High School District
Nutrition Services will continue to provide breakfast and lunch for students during the closures. Pick-up will take place between 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. at each school site. We have made accommodations for families with students attending multiple schools to be able to pick up all meals at any one of our sites.
San Antonio Union School District
Families may visit the cafeteria door to pick up to-go breakfast and lunch on regularly scheduled school days from 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
San Ardo Union School District
San Ardo USD is working alongside SMJUHSD to provide grab and go meals for children under the age of 18 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. daily. We will not have food service over the regularly scheduled spring vacation April 6th - 17th.
San Lucas Union School District
Families may stop by the front of the school to pick up lunch and the following day's breakfast - one pick up per student - on regularly scheduled school days between 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Santa Rita Union School District
Breakfast and lunch will be available to everyone in the community 18 years of age and younger for pick-up at Bolsa Knolls Middle School, New Republic Elementary, and Santa Rita Elementary. Lunch and breakfast for the following day will be provided. You are welcome to pick up meals at any of the three sites previously listed at the following times while school is closed: Monday - Friday from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Soledad Unified School District
Families can drive-thru to pick up meals for the children in their family at three school sites. Meals will be served between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, in the parking lot or bus lane at each participating school. Please stay in your car and meals will be passed through. Families are suggested to attend designated school sites, but are welcome to stop at any site for meals.
Schools offering meals:
- San Vicente Elementary - serving San Vicente, Gabilan Elementary and Main Street Middle students
- Soledad High School - serving Soledad High, Frank Ledesma, Rose Ferrero and Pinnacles students
- Jack Franscioni Elementary - serving Jack Franscioni students
South Monterey County Joint Union High School District
Grab-and-go meals are available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the following schools:
- King City High School, 720 Broadway St, King City, CA 93930
- Greenfield High School,225 S El Camino Real, Greenfield, CA 93927
Also delivering food at two designated meals stops:
- Argyle - 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Playto - 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Spreckels Union School District
In partnership with our food service provider, Salinas City ESD, our middle school (Buena Vista MS) is serving as a food pick-up location for all Spreckels students, open daily from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Washington Union School District
The WUSD District Office will serve as a distribution location Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. for any WUSD students needing to pick up meals. Meals will be provided by our food service provider, Alisal Union School District.
Bay View Academy
Families are directed to their local districts of residence for nutrition services so that they can obtain meals as close to home as possible during school closure.
Big Sur Charter
Students will be directed to their local districts of residence for nutrition service during the school closure period.
International School of Monterey (ISM)
So that they can obtain meals as close to home as possible during shelter-in-place, families are being directed to their local districts of residence for nutrition service during the school closure period.
Learning for Life Charter
Students can pick up free grab-and-go breakfast from 11:00 a.m. - noon, Monday - Friday at our campus located at 3180 Imjin Rd, Suite 110, Marina. Food boxes will be prepared by arrangement with Sergio, our school-community liaison. He can be reached at (831) 582-9820x110.
Monterey Bay Charter
Families can access grab and go meals at our Seaside Campus 1450 Elm Avenue, Seaside, in the Flores St Parking Lot weekdays 10:00 a.m.- 12 p.m.
Families who live 10 or more miles from the school are directed to their home districts and we thank all county districts for partnering with us to support families who reside within your districts.
Monterey County Home Charter
Students will be directed to their local districts of residence for nutrition service during the school closure period.